My uncle asked me to make a quilt to put at his mountain cabin. I thought I'd found a good pattern, Snowball blocks alternating with Nine Patches. I had lots of "woodsy" fabric in my stash.
When I put the blocks on my design wall, I didn't like it AT ALL!
So I cut the nine patches in half, and got rid of the snowball blocks. After trying several layouts, I still didn't like it :(
I ended up sewing the blocks back into nine patches, leaving out some fabrics and putting in more darks. It felt like I was going around in circles!
Instead of the Snowballs, I used a different block (Puss in the Corner). Finally, I got the blocks rearranged, and this time I'm happy with the result.
I sure hope the quilting goes better!