Using the EQ5 software, I designed the quilt, then printed it out and got out the pencil!! Lots of hearts and feathers, and the bride and groom's names and the wedding date.
After customer approval, I got started. The central panel was painted with acrylic paints mixed with textile medium. Then I thread painted over those areas.
The rest of the top was sewn together, loaded onto my frame, and I started quilting! I used coordinating thread for each section.
Most of the quilting was some form of hearts and feathers, but the grey borders were done in a spiral fill, with some pebbles in the outer border. I felt this changed up the design from just feathers, and made it a little more contemporary/modern..
|Top 2/3 of quilt|
The blue borders were a design similar to the motif in the center panel, and in the outer blue border, I painted and thread painted again.
|Bottom 2/3 of quilt|